In this short talk I outline why it is so important to keep track of the intent of your code changes if you want to be able to continue to change your project in Future. I then explain why your source control commit messages are such a good place to record this intent and highlight the practices that you can use to make your commit messages tell a valuable story about the changes you make.
- Jun 2016: Lead Developer Conference - Video (9 mins) / Slides
- Jan 2015: LRUG - Video (17 mins) / Slides
- Telling stories with your Git history
- Every line of code is always documented
- How to write a git commit message
Fantastic, succinct source control presentation from @joelchippindale #leaddev